Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just Enjoy the Simple Things

I was going to tell you about our trip to Nashville yesterday, but that's going to have to wait until tomorrow. 

I woke up this morning with a migraine, which is never a good start to my day.  Nonny made french toast and bacon for breakfast, so I ate a little and we decided to go out on the boat for some fresh air.  I walked out onto the deck to grab my shoes and I got stung by a wasp on my hand.  I am allergic to wasp stings as I found out last year when I got stung and my arm swelled up like a football and resulted in a trip to the emergency room.  So after I bludgeoned the wasp with my shoe, I ran around looking for my epi stick, smeared toothpaste on the sting, and then plunged my hand in a bag of ice.  Great, now I had a throbbing hand to go with my throbbing head.  But so far so good because 12 hours later my hand is only slightly swollen.  Let's hope it doesn't get any worse overnight.

At any rate, by 6 pm my headache was finally feeling better so I told my parents to meet me in the boat and we'd try to find the fish.  Fishing has been kind of slow the last 2 nights so we've been hunting around for them.

Tonight we pulled way back into a bay we usually don't go to and as we pulled up towards shore we could hear music.  It turned out that somebody was having a party, maybe a reunion, since lots of the people were wearing matching tee shirts.  They had a band singing on the lawn and they were really good.  If you're familiar with country music you'll know who I mean when I say they sounded like the Statler Brothers.  They were singing christian and patriotic music. 

We sat and fished...

Nonny got a katy knot...

And before long we abandoned the fishing and just sat and enjoyed the music...
Afterwards we headed home under a beautiful sunset sky....



What started out as a crappy day ended up really nice.  It turned out that the simple things in life, like a free concert and a gorgeous sunset, are really the best things after all.

3 comments:

  1. It does sound like a nice evening! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The less complicated the more relaxing... enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your wasp sting, I feel your pain.
    I know who the Statler Brothers are. I grew up listening to them :) I'm glad you had an enjoyable day despite your start into it! Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...