Sunday, July 24, 2011

1500 Geocaches and Counting

Unless you're familiar with Geocaching you proably won't know what I'm talking about.  But anyone who follows my blog will know that I am a big fan of geocaching and tonight we hit our 1500th.  Yep, that means that we have actually gone out and found 1500 of the little suckers in just over 2 years. 

So far we have hiked and climbed......

 crawled....

 slipped, slid...


 and tumbled our merry way to 1500. 

We cached alone....

 with our family...



 and with lots of geocaching friends. ...




We've cached in parks....


woods.....


 parking lots and memorials....


museums....


 at peoples houses, in caves, on lakes and across streams....




We've cached in the rain and snow.....




We've gone to picnics and bar-b-ques....



 breakfasts, ice cream socials and parties. 

We are slowly phooning our way thru the states....







I'm telling you that I am having the time of my life!  In the past week alone, we have cached at a bar-b-que...
in the dark....

Scaled a wall....


Found a cache on this....


Climbed a tree.....

Went to a sawmill......

Saw this gorgeous cross.....

And hit 1500!

I can't wait to see what we find next or how long it will take us to reach 1600.

7 comments:

  1. Allow me to be the first to congratulate you guys! Awesome job, great times, great photos and I love the "time of our lives" piece to this post! Some folks just live. You guys Live IT UP!
    Love life and have fun!
    Keep on caching.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Great post, and great pics Kim! I bet it doesn't take too long to reach that 1600 mark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, gang. 1,500 is great, but the best part - the fun you're having along the way. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on hitting such a huge milestone! Looks like a lot of fun. Here's to the next 1500!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just started following your blog - I am kind of new at Geo caching began in February this year - and trying to do this while working at an all consuming job limits my out time. Not to mention my wife does not give full support of this hobby either makes me sad. But I do enjoy the hunt - and discovering places I would not had gone out see before.
    My blog postings are of work( food) - hiking or geo caching.
    I look forward to reading your future posts - and past ones that I will read just because I love Geo caching and if I have to live it through your posts so be it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marty: Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. My husband wasn't too crazy about geocaching at first either, but I discovered that if I found particular caches that he'd enjoy, then he was more likely to go along. Now he really likes historical locations and wood hikes. Often he actually suggests going out sometimes.

      Thanks for coming by! Stop by at CacheCrazy.com too.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...