Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Best Jello Ever

I don't care for jello.  I don't know why, I just don't really like it.  It's not the kind of food item I will ever pick on a buffet table.  I won't eat it when I'm sick.  I don't use it as a diet option.  However, there is ONE jello that I will eat and it's my moms "Best Jello Ever" Jello.  She's been making it for years.

Here's what you need....

1  3 oz. box of orange jello....

1   8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream



1   11 oz. can mandarin oranges in light syrup



Take the syrup/juice from the mandarin oranges and pour it into a measuring cup.  Add just enough water so you have 1 cup.  Heat it in the microwave until its hot.  Add the orange jello mix and stir it until it dissolves.

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave and put it in a mixing bowl with the mandarin oranges.   Add the dissolved jello.  Mix it all with the mixer.


Put it into a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour so it starts to set.

Meanwhile, take a small mixing bowl and your beaters and put them in the freezer for 15 minutes.  Take them out and immediately put the 1 cup of whipping cream into the bowl.  Keep mixing it on your mixer until it gets stiff and looks like this....



Fold the whipped cream into the partially set jello mixture.  Stick it back into the refrigerator for an hour or 2. Once you take it out and start eating it, you won't stop.  Your kids will probably hound you day and night to keep making it.  It's that good!

My mom also adds 16 oz. of apricots to this recipe, but I prefer it without the apricots.  

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. OK this looks really good!!! I love Jello!! Thanks for sharing this!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim~
    I'm with you..
    never have liked Jello..
    the texture is what gets me..
    same with any kind of cold pudding..
    I just DO NOT LIKE IT!
    there is one Jello salad I find to be palatable!
    Under the sea salad:

    1 pkg. lime Jello
    1 c. boiling water
    3/4 c. pineapple juice
    9 oz. can crushed pineapple
    1 c. sm. curd cottage cheese
    1/2 c. sour cream
    1/4 c. chopped nuts
    Drain pineapple well, save juice. Add water if not 3/4 cup. Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add juice. Chill until slightly thickened. Beat until frothy.
    Mix remaining ingredients and fold into Jello. Pour into quart mold and chill until set. Makes 6 servings.

    Had this in the Hospital after giving birth to my son..
    OMG..that was 45 years ago in April!!
    (they let me eat as much of i as i desired!!)
    warmest hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We aren't a big dessert family.... the kids only eat ice cream (and lots of it), but this would be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like Jello either. Jello shots (made with Vodka) are about all i can stand ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...