Thursday, May 2, 2013

Take Me Out to the Deli

Last week I attended one of my favorite annual Geocaching events - Take Me Out to the Deli.  This event is hosted by my good friends Tom and Mary.  Here's Mary and I getting our traditional event photo...

 
 
Tom's sitting at the table helping everyone sign in and get their name tags....
 


The log book was a softball, which was a fun and different idea....


They have the event at Jason's Deli, which has really good sandwiches and soup.   I had a corned beef sandwich with a cup of cheesy broccoli soup.  Yum.  No, I did not finish all that!


They had a really good turn out.  Events are wonderful because you get a chance to see geocachers that you don't get to see a lot, meet new cachers and exchange stories and laughter.




Events are a great place to trade and drop off Travel Bugs.  This was a large and unique TB.....


An interesting twist to this lunch event was a unique cache contest.   Come back tomorrow and I'll share some of the geocaches that we did.

3 comments:

  1. Where are those awesome deli kosher dill pickles? That is my favorite part of the corner deli. Looks like a great time with some nice folks.
    Thanks for sharing!
    BH

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to get together with people who share the same interests. Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun, fun!
    I finally heard about a Caching event close enough that I could go to... but it was last weekend while I was in England!!! :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...