Monday, April 21, 2014

The Hitching Post

Last summer I did two posts on the "All American Soda Showdown" that takes place every Thursday night during the summer season at the Old Hitching Post in Aurora, Kentucky.  You can go back and read about the fun here and here

The Hitching Post and Old Country Store is one of my favorite places to visit whenever we're at the lake.  First of all, the gals who run the place are the sweetest and most friendly women you will ever meet.  They know many of their customers by name and if you're new to the store, they make you feel welcome with a friendly hello.



If you like fudge, save your fudge buying budget for this store.  They have a wide variety and they are all delicious!  I think they make the best fudge on the lake.  Say hello to Miss Diane....



Here's what we bought - bourbon nut, rocky road and my personal favorite- sea salt caramel.  Buy one pound and get 1/2 pound free.  Great deal!  Just don't ask me how much of it I've already eaten...


The country store is quaint and charming.  Lots of nostalgic goodness here and all kinds of goodies to look at.  Jams and jellies, sauces and mustards, aprons, quilts, soaps and candles, as well as all kinds of antiques in all the nooks and crannies...

 
 

 

 



And don't forget about the huge variety of soda's....
  
 
 
Running from May through August is the Soda Showdown, every Thursday from 4 pm to 7 pm.  It's lots of fun, informative and you don't want to miss it.
 
 
Check their website for their spring and summer hours.  They have some fun things in the works for this year but I've been swore to secrecy until the final details are ironed out.  I will make announcements when I hear of them.  At any rate, when you're in the Kentucky Lake area, be sure to stop by The Hitching Post - You'll be glad you did.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Linda - it is the BEST store. I so enjoy visiting and poking thru all their stuff. I want to buy everything.

      Delete
  2. Boy, that looks fun! Right up my alley. And fudge too?? All the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, you would LOVE this place. And the fudge is FAB!!

      Delete
  3. I love country stores like this, unfortunately they are beginning to disappear!! Thanks so much for sharing your special place with us!! And I the fudge sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This store is so much fun to walk around. And the fudge can't be beat. I'm eating some right now. :-)

      Delete
  4. Now THIS sounds like some place I could die happy ....
    Just kidding!
    All the same, Miss Diane and her friends must feel so lucky to go to 'work' there each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working here would not be like going to work at all. I'd love to work at a place like this too.

      Delete
  5. This looks like a place I would like to visit! Lots of fun things to look at.
    Hope you had a great Easter, Kim!!
    Big hugs to you!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guarantee this is the type of place you'd love to visit Debbie. I Hope you enjoyed your Easter too. xo

      Delete
  6. We will be in Kentucky in June and you can be sure we will be there for the Thursday night soda tasting. Better warn Miss Diane ahead of time that the sea salt caramel better be in stock that evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better remind me the week before so I can put our order in. :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...