Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Tall Table Make-Over

We have been working fast and furious on furniture make-overs the past few weeks.  Today's make-over is something a little different.  We started with this table, which we had gotten free a couple of weeks ago, courtesy of some road side picking....


We loved the legs and decoration around the edges, but we didn't care for the in-laid design on top.  Sorry, but I can't show you what it looked like because I accidentally deleted a bunch of pictures on my laptop and for some reason I cannot get them back.  Boy, does that fry my ass!

Anyway, we started by soaking some towels and leaving them on the table top overnight so we could loosen the veneer.  After peeling it all off, Louie sanded down the top to a nice smooth finish.


I picked up a can of brown textured spray paint and sprayed the legs with 2 coats.  Then we took a deer poster and I applied some mod podge to the table and carefully laid the poster on top, where I let it dry really good overnight.  The next morning I took an exacto knife and carved the poster edges to fit the design of the table top.  I finished up by coating with 3 layers of polyurethane.  Here's the finished product....


I think it's kind of cool and very different.  We'll see if it sells!


 Available at Antiques Et Cetera in Benton, Ky.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Kim...that looks AWESOME! Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful, Kim - what a creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. I plan to do more and have 2 already in the works.

      Delete
  3. That looks amazing!! You sure are good at this!! Keep us posted how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Cheri - thank you for supporting me - I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. That's a stunning idea! I doubt it will sit unsold for very long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out really nice! Good job, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a really nice job Kim. You remind me of that show Rick's Restoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike - now that's a show I never heard of. I'll have to look for it.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Please leave a message because I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...